Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

A run with Der Pacemaker

Could not locate Jamie at his desk.
He planned to do 5 laps @ 7.30 pace and then some hill intervals.
I was curious and interested to join him, well maybe next time.
 
By the time I reached KLCC track, spotted PM1 and Ah Loong(AL).
PM1 was waving to me to join them which I am happy to.
I quickly asked PM1 'what is the pace u going ah?'.
PM1 'today i go slow only coz leg still pain'.
 
PM1 'ah loong, wah u very good ah, Ipoh half marathon time 2hrs 5 mins'.
PM1 'some more carrying camera taking pics, if u throw away the camera below 2hours oso can'.
AL as usual always laughing even when he is talking.
AL 'er...er... no lah'.
AL's attire for runs are knee length bermudas and t-shirts.
To me, his running movements is like R2D2.
I am not poking fun at AL, just trying my best to describe his running style.
 
Well, AL for one has all the right to tell me 'newton its not about the running shorts and vest!'.
At the 2 1/2 laps point AL said something (distorted by his laughing), made a u-turn and disappeared.
Mmm....must be secret training lah.
 
PM1 and I continue lah.
PM1 'this pace u ok ah?'.
PM1 'let the body warm-up first and then try to go faster and faster'.
PM1 'this is good for training to finish strong'.
Me in my negative mind 'die lah this fella gonna go faster n faster'.
Me in my positive mind 'wow this is the guru, what an honor, i must follow'.
 
The running pace gradually increased from the first lap 8.04mins to 6.55 mins on the 7th lap.
Wow! PM1 control the pace increase really very gradual, you the guru!
After that I waited for him to complete his 8th lap.
PM1 'must slow jog after run to get rid of the lactic acid and oso to loosen muscles'.
 
Unfortunately I did not run the 8th lap.
I was tired and did not run for almost a week due to injuries.
Anyway, it was a good run and lucky enough to have PM1 to pace.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?