Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Autobiographies

I was at the bookstore on Saturday.
After hunting for running books I was browsing the autobiographies(abs) section.
There were many to choose from.
Before I could pick up any of the books, something came to mind.
I don't even know in detail what my mom, dad, brothers and sisters has been through.
And I believe they have been through pretty much.
How difficult it must have been to raise 6 children.
What pain my parents must have gone through.
 
Why am I reading any of these strangers abs?
I should try spending more time and patience to have an in-depth
knowledge of my family member lives, rather than some strangers.
And its not just abs, many years ago I would daily read about whether
this person was sodomised, did OJ do it and so on.

Comments:
Agreed with you...should learn from the people around us; why try to read & learn from the writer (unknown).

Sometime, we may overlook those good values which our parents already have...so, look "inside" our own surrounding instead of always follow others...hahaha!
 
good point. inspiration comes frm without and within.

2 olympic 10000 golds, 8 world championships indoors and outdoors, 17 world records over 4 distances, 54 race winning streak, humble, generous and all-round good guy, haile is one hell of a role model for me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?