Monday, August 15, 2005

 

Weather conditions

Since I started running last year I also became a weather man.
Initially I would skip running if its raining or if its a very hot day.
Missing running is no big deal then.
 
There was a stage when I ran no matter what.
I read a book that advise to add 'but it doesn't matter' at the end
of a negative sentence.
For example Its raining but it doesn't matter.
Another was a quote 'bad weather is for wimps'.
 
Armed with these in mind I ran came rain or shine.
In fact there were days that the harder it rained or the hotter
on that day the more I felt like running.
Just to prove I can.
 
And there were somedays I even 'staged my moment'.
Me   : Yesterday was raining cats and dogs.
PMs :  Did you run?
Me   : Yeah.
         And I felt so good it became my long run.
         It seems I could have just run forever.
 
Another example.
Me  : It was crazy hot yesterday.
PMs : Did you run?
Me  : Yeah.
        In fact pretty fast too despite the heat.
 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?