Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

1 lap time trial

24 May 2006
We were supposed to do long slow run, Jamie and I. Because Wednesdays Jamie can leave at 5pm instead of 6pm for the rest of the days. My 5pm is on Friday. I wanted to join Jamie and that would mean asking permission from my boss. My boss seems to be moody and busy. And I cannot hide the fact that I am leaving early to go for a run because I change and keep my stuff in the office and he sits right in front of me. Around 5pm Jamie called and I told him to go ahead. Few minutes later I have somehow gathered enough courage and asked my boss that I would like to leave early. Changed immediately and headed out to KLCC, hoping to catch Jamie. In the end Jamie did not turn up. I should have called Jamie before leaving but I didn't because I did not want to disturb him if he had started running. I stretch and stretch waiting for Jamie. After a while I thought I might as well start first. Ran 2 laps. Stop. Stretch. Wait. Still no Jamie. Ran another lap. Ronnie and Aeow turned up. Ran 1 lap with them. Ronnie wanted Aeow and I to do 1 lap time trial. Aeow was game but I had doubts. Many doubts. I had just finish my antibiotics on Monday and just ran 4 laps. After much encouraging words from Ronnie or was it pressure I said ok lah. Ronnie wanted me to start off first and then he and Aeow will catch up since they were faster runners. Ronnie said this would make it interesting and more encouraging. Ronnie has more experience in such matters and so we abided. I start to run, like strides which I don't normally do. The thought of not being able to sustain the pace was there before I even started. All was fine until Aeow and Ronnie caught up. When they overtook I felt like it would not be possible for me to complete the lap, by running that is. I was out of breath, struggling with every stride. But I told myself I must complete the lap even if I have to slow down significantly. Ronnie was very helpful and encouraging. He said things like 400m to go only. Push. You can do it. Come on. Thanks Ronnie. The gap between them and me was getting bigger. Luckily we were about to reach the finish. Finally Aeow finished in 5:15:51 and I finished in 5:41:94. Congrats Aeow. Ronnie seems to have much energy left and both of them did a warm down jog. As for me, I did a warm down walk. Thanks to Aeow and Ronnie for pacing me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?