Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 

I luv to eat duck

26 June 2006
This is my first run after the PJ half.
Rested 1 week after the 21km because my left sole was swollen and right heel was in pain.
Upon reaching KLCC, I spotted Ronnie, happy to see his smiling face and run with him.
I stopped after running only 1 lap with Ronnie, he is too fast for me.
Waited for Dinesh and Jamie as Ronnie said they were supposed to run too.
As I was about to join Ronnie for another lap, spotted Dinesh at the car park.
Dinesh had completed 16.1km at Lake Gardens on Saturday and was still feeling the soreness in his legs,
despite this, here he is running at KLCC, preparing for his Ipoh half this coming Sunday.
My hats off to Dinesh for his discipline, which turns out to be good thing for me too because there
was no one else running, that I can pace with.
My laziness and weak mental have gotten the better of me, after only 2 laps with Dinesh I already feel like stopping.
and we were going at a comfortable pace around 8minutes per lap!
But I kept silent about my weakness and plodded on with Dinesh, keeping conversation to distract my laziness
and my body and mind calling out to me to have a Kit Kat.
I swallowed my saliva thinking of some more other foods. Quickly and frequently I have to think of some topic
to discuss with Dinesh, from his son to runners injuries to running shoes and whatelse I cannot remember.
Surprisingly the distraction by conversion worked, especially if we speak more in-depth about any topic.
Somehow I managed to complete 5 laps with Dinesh and called it a day.
Dinesh continued and completed another 2 faster than earlier laps.
Thanks to Dinesh and Ronnie for their company.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?