Wednesday, June 07, 2006

 

it's not about the money

Recently I have frequently visited Pay Less Books at Amcorp Mall and Ampang Point. I think 2 of the most value for money items are running shoes and books. Anyway, I was at Amcorp Mall and bought a book a few weeks ago for RM18. I unintentionally interrupted the storekeeper Sean when he was about to give the RM2 change which he actually did not. After he handed the book to me I asked for my RM2 change which he replied that he has given. I was not sure but did not make a fuss and was more than happy with the purchase, nodded and said ok.
 
Few weeks later, I was at Ampang Point and the moment I step into the bookstore Sean has the good habit of greeting the customers. To my surprise he recognised me and immediately informed me that there was indeed an extra RM2 when he reconciled the accounts at Amcorp Mall. And Sean handed out RM2 to me! I assumed that he was the owner or have a share, and this is probably a good deed to keep the customers coming.  Doing something good with a motive that is. Sean is just a worker there. An honest one. There are many people out there ready to make as much money as possible. And some if not most do not mind, taking RM2 or more from a customer. Some even call themselves friends.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?