Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 

Marathon of Hope

Extracted from Cheong's website http://shcheong.blogspot.com/ :-
 
We were presented with the Terry Fox certificate.
After reading the contents my eyes turned teary as I now understand what Terry Fox Foundation means to people who had cancer.

Terry Fox said....

“I’m not doing my run to become rich or famous. To me, being famous is not the idea of the run. The only important part is finding a cure for cancer. Don’t forget that. I’m no different from any of you- I’m no better, no worse. You are cheering and clapping for me but if you have given $1, then you are part of the Marathon of Hope. Even if I don’t finish, we need others to continue. It’s got to keep going without me”


It was a meaningful day. It was not a day about racing. It was a day about hope. Terry Fox made
my day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?