Thursday, October 19, 2006

 
There is a pond near my apartment, probably the size of 3 football fields. I can see from my balcony, its covered completely with floating plants. Apparently its a place for some enthusiatic anglers, the amazing thing is, its also a fishing area to a group of cranes, but that was a few months ago. This area is now been cleared for development, squatter houses flatten and the pond being filled. This morning I saw the cranes gliding effortlessly towards the pond, about 10 of them, its a beautiful sight, quickly and curiously I stood watch. Upon reaching the pond, they did not descent instead they circled the area as though permission was not received to land. I could only assume that the cranes were confused, no greenery, almost dried pond, loud noisy trucks and bulldozers bustling,. After circling a few rounds, eventually they flew off, towards the direction away from my apartment. I felt sad and helpless. My thought was, what would become of these cranes?

Comments:
your swear !@#$%^ at those developers.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?