Tuesday, June 12, 2007

 

In memory of Terence Leong aka Penguin 6

Received many emails regarding organizing a run in memory of Terence Leong aka Penguin 6.
Terence the founder of KL Penguins passed away peacefully at home 12.30pm on June 08, 2007.
The run will be organized after the Penang marathon.
After reading the emails I felt like running today, today is the day not tomorrow.
Email my honest friend n colleague Cheong to join me n to my pleasant surprise he was able to make it.
Cheong replied 'i can only do maximum 5 laps' and I replied 'my last run i only did 3'.
Cheong replied 'last 2 laps we run for Terence'.
Cheong the person who knows the best thing to say.
Immediately I felt a surge of energy and replied with a confident ok!
 
Honestly, I didn't really knew Terence that well.
I just started running the last few years and thats when I started hearing about Terence.
And met Terence only a few times, at Ronnie's wedding, lunch with Terence and Jamie and sometimes
catch a glimpse of him during races and also through his website.
I think the most sincere opinion of any person is when u hear it behind their backs.
Thats when no punches are held back, u just say as it is.
All things I heard and saw of Terence indicates that he was a jovial n funny person.
 
Through the laps I kept thinking of Terence.
I kept thinking of the loss of Terence to the world, wife, daughter, mom and friends.
How Terence feels not being able to see his daughter get married.
How Terence mom feels to lose her marathon son.
How Terence wife feels when she is alone at night.
How Terence friends feel when they are running without Terence anymore.
 
Terence is also known bcoz he was selected in PowerBar Team Elite.
The PB manager said that he was selected because of his running stories/adventures represented the Human Spirit.
Human spirit thats Terence.
Jamie told me that Terence daughter said 'my dad is in a better place now'.
Terence he is probably setting up a Penguins club now.
And with Terence the place would be a lot livelier and funnier.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?