Friday, February 13, 2009

 

Lim Deh Koon

I attended the wake on Feb 10 the same day I received the shocking and sad news.

The slideshow of pictures taken by Deh Koon was on.

Showing lots of happy moments with her boyfriend.

And also many pictures of flowers/plants/trees probably when she was studying horticulture in US a few years ago.

Her boyfriend Paul was crying non-stop while viewing the slideshow.

We were informed that they were planning to get married.

Once a while Paul would chuckle/laugh but tears were still flowing.

I sat beside Paul feeling helpless and not knowing what to say.

After a while, Paul asked how OTS and I knew Deh Koon.

We replied it was way back if I remember correctly in 1989 that we worked together.

It was her 1st job after her graduation.

We informed Paul that she was always willing to give a helping hand.

Paul nodded in agreement and cried even more.

Paul added that she also do not like to burden others with her troubles.

That is why despite knowing she had cancer for more than a year she did not let us know.

They tried treatment in US for 6 months but it was not helping.

The treatment in Singapore for 6 months was also not helping.

After that, she was back in KL for 2 months with her sisters but without Paul.

She did not want Paul to be here.

Paul could only add that it was really unfortunate and we should remember the good times.

Before we left I told Paul that from the pictures I sum that she was very happy with him and

I am glad that he was there for her and made her happy.

Deh Koon, I am glad to have known you and you will be missed.

 

 

From: Yap, You-Lee [CCC-OT_IT]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:25 PM
To: 'nyyl.newton@blogger.com'
Subject: Lim Deh Koon

 

I ran 5 laps in remembrance of my friend Lim Deh Koon.

She was a kind hearted person and always willing to give a helping hand.

 

 

From: Oi Thian Soo [mailto:oi@kenanga.com.my]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:04 AM
Subject: FW: Deh Koon

 

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Deh Koon Lim <autumn01887@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:40:42

Dear Friends of Deh Koon,

 

We regret to inform you that Deh Koon has passed away on 7-2-2009 (Sat), from lung cancer.

Kindly pass the news to your common friends.

 

Deh Koon's wake is being held at Nirvana Memorial Center,Sungei Besi, for two days (9-10/2).

Her funeral processation will be on 11/2 (Wednesday), leaving Nirvana Memorial Center at 1pm, and put to rest in Nirvana Memorial Park in Semenyih.

 

Do contact us if you need further details.

 

Lee Hong, DK's sister : 012-2090941

Ben Che, DK's brother : 016-3893233 

 


Comments:
Hey Yap, Irene Chen here.

I have just found your blogspot by chance and I am shocked about Deh Khoon.

I have recently got back in contact with Peter Hew over Facebook (just chance searching), and we have been reminiscing about Sistemaju days. Just last Saturday we were wondering about you all again and naturally Deh Khoon's name popped up too, Shall tell Peter later today.

My number is 012 201 3284, email is saffyireis@gmail.com, and I am on Facebook as Irene Chen. Let us get in touch and meet up soon, okies?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?